1. Machines have replaced physical work in many industries. Do you think the advantages
outweigh the disadvantages?
2. Some people think that the increasing use of computers and mobile phones for communication has had a negative effect on young people’s reading and writing skills. Does the advantage outweigh the disadvantage?
3. Some countries achieve international sporting success by building specialized facilities to train top athletes instead of providing sports facilities that everyone can use. Do you think it is a positive or negative development?
4. In some countries, the criminal trials are shown on TV and the general public can watch them. Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages？
5. Some people think living in big cities is bad for people’s health. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
6. Some people think painting and drawings are as important as other subjects, they should be compulsory in high school education.
7. Some people think it is easier for adults to learn practical skills (such as computer skills)
by themselves while others believe it is better to learn with a teacher in classroom. Discuss both sides and give your own opinion.
8. Some people think advertising may have positive economic effects. Others think it has social effects because individuals are not satisfied with who they are and what they have.
Discuss both views and give your opinion.